Slinger & Signaller – New Entrants
Duration of training
Minimum and maximum class numbers
Fás CSCS provisional ticket
Duration of certificate
Training is available at the Safety Solutions Training centre or at the Client’s premises.
Course description & General Information
Safety Solutions LTD. Provides FAS CSCS Slinger & Signaller New Entrants Training.
The course is designed for Beginners who want to become a banksman in the Construction Industry. Before taking part, participants are required to have a valid Safe Pass Ticket and have at least 3 months on-site experience.
After six months work experience as a banksman participants must attend a one day assessment. On successful completion participants will receive a FETAC certificate & FAS CSCS Card
Aims of Course:
• Understand the relevant Health and Safety legislation.
• Identify workplace hazards regarding Slinger/Signaller.
• Understand the principles for the correct selection of Lifting Equipment.
• Identify Safe Working Load (S.W.L.) and Safe Sling Angles.
• Identify and Apply the full range of Slinging and Signaller methods.
• Apply and Understand Signaller/Signaller Operations.
• Carry out Operational Checks on all Lifting Equipment.
Contents of Course:
• Safe Slinging and signaller procedures.
• Safe Storage and Handling practices.
• Control of Lifting Equipment.
• Security and Safe Packing of Loads.
• Marking Identification.
• Crane Signals.
• Balance and Stability.